During a session this week with a CEO that I coach & mentor we were talking about how much time is wasted with unproductive meetings and with employees sending too many emails & cc’ing too many people. All EASY fixes.
I ran him through some basic math:
Assume you have 50 employees.
If you could save 1 hour a day for every employee – the savings & productivity gains are staggering.
Here is how you make it happen:
- Keep reminding staff to ONLY cc someone if it’s critical
- Get rid of Group Distribution lists
- Only invite people you really want attending to meetings
- Create a culture that not being invited to a meeting is actually good – it means you have other critical stuff to do.
- Book meetings for 50% of the time you first think about booking them for
That’s it. Simple.
Here is the math – if you save everyone 1 hour a day.
- 50 Employees x 1 Hr Saved = 50 Hours Saved per Day
- 50 Hrs Saved x 52 Weeks x 5 Days Per Week = 13,000 Hours
- 13,000 Saved Hours x Average Hourly Wage of $35/ Hr (which is a $70,000 average yearly salary) = $455,000 Saved
Seriously. Save everyone 1 Hour a Day – and you’ll save $455,000 without blinking an eye. Save them 2 Hrs each – and it’s almost a Million Dollars a year.
This is actually the stuff we talk about monthly on our Group Coaching Calls – join us…