Entrepreneurship puts you on an emotional roller coaster unlike anything else on earth.
You will flip from being convinced you will own the world, to being overwhelmed by doom and ruin, and back again. Over and over. And over.
There is so much uncertainty and risk around everything you are doing. Will the product ship on time? Will anyone use it? Will your competitor beat you to market? Will anyone invest in the company? And on and on and on…
The level of stress you are under as an entrepreneur magnifies those data points into extreme highs and lows at whiplash speed and huge magnitude
Sound like fun?
I have known entrepreneurs that well since I’ve been in this field for years now. I started coaching and mentoring CEOs and I really got to know what an entrepreneur’s traits are.
Most entrepreneurs have at least five of these traits. Do you?
• Are you filled with energy?
• Does your mind get flooded with ideas?
• Are you driven, restless, and unable to keep still?
• Do you often work on little sleep?
• Can you be euphoric?
• Do you easily get irritated by minor obstacles?
• Can you burnout periodically?
• Do you act out sexually?
• Do you feel persecuted by those who do not accept your vision?
Don’t worry, but the reality is, this is what happens to stable entrepreneurs. This is one of the many areas I regularly coach & mentor entrepreneurs so they learn how to overcome and leverage each stage.
For more information on this topic, check out: The Emotional Roller Coaster of Entrepreneurs.